Thursday, January 9, 2014

Clean Eating Oatastic Oats!


This winter has been so cold! I have been trying to get at least one raw veggie meal in a day but when it's 23° I really want something warm. A couple of years ago I discovered the wonderful world of Ayurveda! Ayurveda puts people into three different types of  classifications or Doshas  based on elements of nature.

Vata (air)-(slim build, dry skin & sensitive to cold) 
Pitta(fire) - (medium build may suffer rashes when out of balance)  
Kapha (earth)- (larger build & skin tends to be oily )

I discovered I was a Vata (air) after I took  a quiz (read Girlforce) and have lightly been following the principles of Ayurveda ever since. I love Ayurveda becaus eto me it's an "un-diet" no calorie counting, no little snack packs, no you can't eat this or that. Ayurveda has the same philosphy as Hippocrates "let food be thigh medicine" and shows each of us that with food we can balance our bodies to be healthier, happier and just all around better people. Below is the recipe I made to warm my Dosha in this INSANE  weather we're been having! For those of you who count calories and sugar I've listed that info below!



Oatastic  Oats (apple)

You will need:
½ c Oat Meal
½ tsp Cinnamon 
¾ c Boiling Water
1 tbs Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
½ Apple diced
2 tbs Craisins 
1-2 tbs Wheat germ 
1 lovely glass bowl

Step 1: Mix oats and cinnamon together and drop in coconut oil.
Step 2: Pour boiling water over the mixture
Step 3: Place in  craisins and wheat germ
Step 4: Mix in the apple.
Step 5: ENJOY your lovely breakfast!

[Calories=391  Carbs=56  Fat=20  Protein=7  Sodium=1  Sugar=23]

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment