Monday, June 2, 2014

Root Juice

 

Every now and then when I eat a little to much junk food the day before or just want a little morning burst of energy I go to the old juicer-roo!  I never use a lot of fruit in my juice because I don't want to have a sugar high. So I usually like to add a lot of vegetables, roots and herbs in my juice blends.  I know a lot of people don't juice because of the "it's too expensive" quote. Don't get me wrong juicing can be pricey, especially if you buy all organic produce, but in the summer it can be a little cheaper due to the large variety of veggies in our local farmer's market. 
My favorite juicing items are: sweet potatoes, beets, radishes, cucumbers, turmeric, ginger, carrots and apples.So check out your local farmer's market! I use this juice to cleanse my system and wake me up because it's so spicy! If you just starting to juice you may want to add an apples to sweeten. So here's how to make my root juice:

You Will Need:
1 large beet
1 large cucumber
1 large turmeric root
1 medium daikon radish
1 small piece of ginger
1 small radish

1. Cut up all of your ingredients and juice (like so).



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment