Monday, August 25, 2014

"Grain"ola Bar



I love simplicity! Unless I just feel like it I don't like to make things complicated especially the most important meal of the day! For a long time I was a sugary breakfast cereal girl any cereal, every cereal, even granola! But no matter what cereal I tried  it left me feeling tired and not too soon after hungry. 
What kind of creative miss would I be if I hadn't found a DIY replacement? So I did my research and found seeds, nut and grains that give energy and even though the "grain"ola bars may not be that sweet they have a lot of body benefits and they make super healthy snacks too!
Now lets get started!

Makes: 12 medium bars
 You will need:
1 cup oat bran
½  cup oatmeal
3 ripe medium bananas
½ cup hemp-seed
¾ cup dried cranberries
3 tablespoons chia seeds
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
¼ cup raw sesame seeds
¼ cup crushed almonds
1 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup or agave for vegan version)
3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
Parchment Paper
Baking  dish



Step 1: Set your oven to 350 degrees! Blend extra virgin coconut oil, honey, bananas and cardamom together

Step 2: Mix the rest of your ingredients with your banana mixture.

Step 3: Place parchment in you baking dish and place your mixture in the dish, place in the oven and bake for 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes!

Step 4: Let your bars cool for 5-10 minutes  and cut. 

Step 5: Eat some now and freeze some for later!  

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment