Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Shealoerosa

 



I have dry skin and it doesn't matter what time of the year it is,  it's always super duper dry skin and me being the the creative miss that I am, I decided to take my dry skin into my own hands. I did my research to make this dry skin concoction. I have used shea butter for years and to be honest, I didn't really care for whipped shea butter, all I would ever see is loads of artificial; colors, fragrances and ingredients and don't get me started about the price! But I finally  broke down and made some, and I was super wrong to wait as long as I did to try it! It makes my dry skin so happy and not-so dry anymore, thanks to my new friend shealoerosa!


 Now lets get started!

You will need:
A spoon 
A medium bowl 
A mixer
A jar (4-5 ounces)
5-6 teaspoons of aloe vera juice
4 teaspoons extra virgin coconut oil
3 tablespoons unrefined shea butter (I like the unscented one by Alaffia)
30 drops of Palmarosa essential oil (I used this one Simplers)
1 tablespoon of organic sesame seed oil (I like Whole Food's brand)


Step 1: Mix your palmarosa with your coconut oil to make sure that the scent is evenly dispersed throughout the mixture.
Step 2: Place your shea butter and coconut oil  in  bowl and mix until smooth and icing consistency. 
Step 3: Mix aloe until the consistency is smooth,  then add  your sesame seed oil

Step 4:  Place your product in the fridge or try it out!

*The downside to homemade beauty products is that they can spoil because of lack of preservatives please place your whipped shea butter in the fridge until use* 

Enjoy!

Why did she  use that?
 The ingredients I used and why!

Shea butter- is great for moisturizing, rich in Vitamins A, E, and F, as well as a number of other vitamins and minerals. Vitamins A and E help to soothe, hydrate, and balance the skin.  Vitamin F contains essential fatty acids, and helps  damaged skin and hair.

Palmarosa essential oil- moisturizes the skin, and stimulates cell regeneration. It helps keep the skin supple and can be good for acne, dermatitis, preventing scarring, rejuvenating and regenerating the skin.

Aloe Vera- indispensable ally for treating burns, bites, and other skin maladies

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil- It helps strengthen underlying tissues and is anti- bacterial 

Sesame seed oil- is used a lot in Ayurveda to sooth and moisturize damaged skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment