Monday, May 11, 2015

The Good the Bad and the Hoarder!


I love stuff. Purses, shoes, jewelry, bottles, plants, notebooks, etc.! I L-O-V-E STUFF! Over the years I have collected a lot of things and even considered myself pretty organized! 
And then this happened:




Is it an episode of hoarders? Is it a place where clothes/stuff goes to die? Is it a professional organizers nightmare? The answer? All and the above oh and did I fail to mention that this lovely specimen of a room just happens to be my bedroom? Yep that little hellhole just happens to be where I sleep. I thought it was fine and one day it hit me like a ton  of bricks and I finally admitted it. I had too much stuff! Anyone that follows my Pinterest knows that I love tiny houses and minimalist living. The part that I love the most is the concept of “owning things instead of them owning you”. I finally decided to implement this concept instead of just loving it from afar. So that picture above officially looks like this:
Now I know what you’re thinking…
“What’s the difference?”
“It looks worse”
“I am so glad that, that’s not my room”
I’ll admit it looks a little crazy still but then I have to remind myself that I got rid of:
5 pairs of pants
10-15 dresses
1( 30 gallon) garbage bag of t-shirts
10+ pairs of shoes
1 grocery bag of holey, mismatched socks and old undies
20+ purses
20 pairs of earring
40 gallon tub of magazines/unwanted/unread books
Unused craft supplies
And so much more!
                                                               
                                         
I now only have a jacket, a winter coat, a raincoat, 11 dress, 5 skirts, 10 shirts, scarves, a few sweaters,  4 pairs of pants and 2 pairs of shorts and  my pajamas and underthings!  So my little hellhole is officially a little neater (despite the photos) and cozier. I work on my room every day for 30 minutes to an hour.  
I will keep posting progress as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment